Traditional Literature: Myths

My class has been working on Traditional Literature today. I copied an example from a website that has a whole bunch of examples of Traditional Literature. Here is the example that I copied. This is the Myth of Perseus And Medusa.

Perseus And Medusa

“Bring me the head of the monster woman Medusa!” the king said to Perseus. The king gave this command because he was sure that it was an impossible task for the young boy. Medusa had snakes for hair, and one look at her turned people to stone. The king knew that Perseus might never return if he attempted to follow the king’s command. Then the king would be free to marry Perseus’s mother. But Perseus knew that his mother disliked the king and would not marry him unless she was forced to. So Perseus decided to accept the king’s task. First he got a shield from the goddess Athena. Then he got a sickle from the god Hermes. Once in Medusa’s lair, he used the shield as a mirror to reflect Medusa’s head. He raised the sickle and brought it down. Perseus took the head to the king, who looked directly at it and turned to stone.

0 comments